Jean Alesi claimed his first – and only – F1 win on an emotional day at the 1995 Canadian Grand Prix, driving a Ferrari with the number 27 made famous by Gilles Villeneuve, on the circuit named after the great Canadian.
Sam Smith and self-confessed Alesi fanatic Jonathan Reynolds join host Glenn Freeman to revisit that June weekend in 1995.
Beyond Alesi’s long-overdue moment of good fortune, topics covered include:
- Alesi’s ongoing spat with Martin Brundle
- McLaren coming to terms with Nigel Mansell’s departure
- … and getting rid of its car’s ugly mid-wing
- The demise of Simtek
- Jacques Villeneuve’s emergence on the F1 driver market radar
- A miserable weekend for Williams
- Clumsy incidents involving Mika Hakkinen and Gerhard Berger
- Jordan claiming the best result Peugeot would ever manage in F1
ASK US ANYTHING: Submit your questions for our series finale using #BringBackV10s on Twitter or email [email protected]
You can also get early access to ad-free versions of the show by joining The Race Members’ Club.